We’re into part four of the You Can Simplify Your Life Series. Let’s take all this work and oozing self-awareness and make a plan on how to move forward.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Part Four of the YOU CAN SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE SERIES
- Read part one here
- Listen to part one here
- Read part two here
- Listen to part two here
- Read part three here
- Listen to part three here
Today we are also wrapping up the YOU CAN SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE series!
I want to tell you what has worked for me and offer it to you as a way you might simplify your own life. You can include as many/as little waffles, ugly cries in the tub, and outlander episodes as you see fit!
How to simplify your life, step by step
1. Clear the clutter
Once I decluttered my home I started decluttering my life. I could do this BECAUSE space was now created for the home and life I wanted. What distractions and clutter need to be cleared out to make space for the life you want?
2. Prioritize how you will use your resources
Use your life vision and values to be a compass and a filter for you in the choices you want to make about how to use your resources. Commit to those choices even when they are against the grain.
3. Plan things that make your life easier
Becoming a mom made me see how much more in control I am when I have a plan for my day or week. When there is a framework of what is happening and how, then I can have more freedom to fill my time and energy with fun things. What can you plan that will make your life easier?
4. Set rhythms to get things done
We are actually in control of how our day and our week flows, so make sure to put some intention into the rhythms you DO want in your life.
5. Small steps, on purpose
I’ve learned that it is more effective and lasting to focus on the little steps you can make. Through minimum baseline (give yourself a small task you can’t say no to), and to doing one thing a day your future self will thank you for—you can slowly and consistently readjust your life course to your new destination. Start small and move along, on purpose.
6. Enjoy it.
I will say this point until the day the good Lord calls me home to where streets are lined with waffles: It is not WHAT you do, it is HOW you do it! What matters most is HOW YOU SHOW UP!
If you simplify your life, declutter your home, print all the printables and check all the boxes but you are still complaining about your husband, grumbling about your life and stressed to the max by your kids, then what is this all even for?
It is FOR YOU, so show up for it!
I say this with love and understanding for what it is like to feel exhausted and frustrated and lost and messy. It is hard work to show up, with contentment and mindfulness. It takes a lot of work and practice. But it is always available to you!
If you want some guidance through showing up for your life in better ways that reach out for a quick life coaching consult call to see if we would be a good fit together. I have some spaces opening up for the fall.
Get the worksheets for PART FOUR of YOU CAN SIMPLIFY YOUR HOME, sign up below or click here
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part One (blog post)
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part One (podcast episode 30)
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part Two (blog post)
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part Two (podcast episode 31)
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part Three (blog post)
- You Can Simplify Your Life Series Part Three (podcast episode 32)
- Identity Clutter
- Plan Your Day, Change Your Life
- A Simple Hack to Make Meal Planning Easier
- How to Plan Your Summer on Purpose
- Brain Dump, Kid’s Clothes Storage, Minimum Baseline to Change Babits. Episode 3
- parenting books that changed my mothering, your future self, #mayonpurpose instagram challenge. episode 21
- Pre-Coaching Consult
TO SEND IN YOUR QUESTION/TOUCH BASE WITH ME
Simply reply to the Simple Saturdays email, message me on Instagram, message me on Facebook, or email me here.