In this episode we’re talking about the ‘not-enough’ mindset. AKA how to spot a scarcity mindset and shift it to an abundance mindset.
The ‘not-enough’ mindset believes there is not enough to go around
‘Not-enough’ mindset says if they have some, there must be less in the world for me
Scarcity mindset also believes things need to be ‘right’ to be acceptable and it puts us in a victim mentality.
In contrast to the scarcity mindset is the abundance mindset
Here are some ways to see when a scarcity mindset is taking place of an abundance mindset.
- Feeling jealousy/comparison vs celebrating others and yourself
- Feeling worry/fixation vs being present and peaceful
- Getting overwhelmed/burnt out vs managing your energy and making time for rest
- Hustling/Hoarding vs setting healthy boundaries and limits for yourself
- Complaining/Gossiping vs having an open mind and speaking positively
- Feeling discontented/frustrated vs acknowledging where you are growing and moving forward
What an abundance mindset offers
I am enough.
There is enough.
If I don’t get this—it wasn’t for me.
Life happens for me not against me.
Abundance mindset allows us to see our present life with gratitude, to trust in ourselves, and to bring peace into our relationships.
If scarcity mindset is something you struggle with and you would like more guidance on it, schedule a free 30-minute life coaching session with me and I will help you walk through it.
Learn more about life coaching with me.
- Simple Saturdays newsletter sign up
- The Perfect Moments Project
- The ‘Not-Enough’ Mindset (How to Spot a Scarcity Mindset and Shift it Into an Abundance Mindset) [blog post]
Simple on Purpose Community
Since there has been interested in starting a community group for the Simple on Purpose readers I’ve set up our community Facebook group. BUT, ONLY JOIN IF you want to be engaged in the conversations. In the spirit of keeping your life simple, don’t add another Facebook group to your digital life if you are just going to sit on the sidelines and not take part. If you are ready to join in, then we would love to chat with you there!
TO SEND IN YOUR QUESTION/TOUCH BASE WITH ME
Join in Simple Saturdays
Simple Saturdays is bi-weekly encouragement to help moms simplify their life and live with more passion and purpose.
It is an email newsletter, also in podcast form!
It isn't just any old email! It is a fun, quick read of insights, tips and references for everything simple, on purpose, and waffles.