What I have learned about intentional living, why moms need office hours and how a mom’s retreat can help, eating the same food every day – the Food Uniform – and a great dinner idea.
++ simple heart ++
What is intentional living? Simply put, it is living your life ON PURPOSE. I break it down like this:
- Knowing what is important to you (your values, your vision, your priorities)
- Making choices inline with what is important to you (how you spend your money, your time, your resources, how you use your space)
- And beyond knowing what you want and making choices in how you live, it also means making choices in how you show up. (the hard work)
I am sharing FIVE THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT INTENTIONAL LIVING
- I am not a victim of my life
- It doesn’t come naturally
- It changes and grows
- It is a daily practice
- It is empowering
++ simple life ++
I propose that running a home is also like running a business. There is an ‘admin’ side to home management (the people, the supplies, the errands, the appointments, the bills, etc.) When do you have Mom Office Hours?
Maybe a mom retreat is a great time for you to take care of the to-do list. Read more about my recent mom/work retreat and some tips for planning yours.
++ simple food ++
We have turned to using the ‘Food Uniform’ – the same thing every meal. Breakfast and Lunch are brainless for me because they are always the same.
Dinner recently: yam, kale and sausage hash with THESE mega easy sourcream chocolate chip scones!
Have a great weekend! Don’t forget to subscribe (BELOW) to the email newsletter and get Simple Saturdays in your inbox every two weeks (with bonuses!)