This is the LIVE recording from a Facebook Live held earlier today in the Simple on Purpose Community group
I am answering FAQs and addressing the myths we might have about emotional intelligence and emotion coaching our kids.
I have been emotion coaching my kids for years now and I have noticed such a huge difference in my own relationship to my emotions and how I handle theirs and help them problem solve.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Here are some of the myths and FAQs on emotional intelligence that I am addressing:
- Why do emotions even matter?!
- If I pay attention to their emotions, we can’t have fun anymore cause we’re busy working through upset emotions
- If I give them empathy, they will think their misbehaviour is ok
- I don’t have time for more ‘parenting tool’ in my life
- When they have done something wrong, they should be punished – no need for all this emotion stuff
- I was never raised to consider my emotions, and I turned out fine
If you want the tools, approach, and support to emotion coach yourself and your kids, then don’t miss the limited time workshop
The doors close tomorrow (TUESDAY, June 1st) – so if you are interested, sitting on the fence, then I hope you sign up today.