Raise your hand if you think dishes are dumb. And maybe you’ve googled ‘disposable clothing for kids’ in a desperate hope you could avoid the constant laundry. I know that there are women out there who are rocking chores, and there are women who aren’t’, and there are a lot of us between.
We know that a clean house makes us FEEL peaceful and happy. But we also know that we have more motivation to click ‘keep watching’ than we do to get on the third load of dishes for the day.
If this has been you, then this episode is for you.
I’ve always been tidy, but I would definitely be someone to put off chores for far longer than necessary. About a year ago I decided I wanted to become a ‘CHORE DOER’ and I life coached myself through the mindset and strategy to become someone who does chores without the emotional negativity I had attached to it over the years
Life coaching myself to become a chore doer
Here are the topics covered in this episode:
- my scientific analysis of what Pinterest says will give you a clean home
- the mindsets that were holding me back
- some real talk with myself about how I was spending my time (*cough, screen time)
- the strategies I used to build up the habit of chores in my daily life
- the stereotypes of motherhood that can hold us back with how we show up in our homes
- the importance of reclaiming the art of homemaking
If you find that doing chores is something does matter to you and you want to get UNSTUCK with something as simple as chores then get yourself a life coach to help you pay attention to the mindsets that hold you back and the strategy that will help you move forward and get the outcome you want!
Fun and helpful links
Housewife Hacks (Pinterest board)
(Type 9) The Enneagram (blog post)
Mom Martyr (blog post)
Live your values (blog post and free worksheets)
Live your vision (blog post and free worksheets)
(one small habit) Strategies to put your goals into action (blog post)
Minimum baseline (episode 3)
15 practical tips to get stuff done (blog post)